Full-Time - Portland, Maine
Instagram Obsessed Social Media Wizard
Social Media Content Creator
iBec Creative is hiring a social media content creator who is Instagram-savvy to join our growing ecommerce team at iBec Creative. We believe that brands need to create content that entertains and educates their customers. We’re looking for a smart, kind person to join our team who has personal experience growing brands through content creation and digital customer engagement.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is web and social media savvy
- Has a discerning eye for Instagram and what makes a good photo
- Is comfortable editing video through phone apps
- Can tell stories through writing
- Has strong verbal and written communications skills
- Understands the basics of marketing and PR
- Strong attention to detail (ie. no typos!)
- Is adaptable to working with a variety of brands using different voices and styles appropriate for each brand’s audience
- Is metrics-oriented and constantly looking to get better engagement than the last time
- Has a passion for learning about brands and ecommerce on a deep level
The Social Media Content Creator will be responsible for improving our clients’ brands through content creation on Instagram, facebook, YouTube, pinterest, and blogs, among others.
- Write and obtain input from subject matter experts
- Edit and maintain high-quality digital content supporting our clients' goals
- Engage with other brands and influencers on behalf of our clients
- Manage clients' voice on social sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and pushing content to other social applications
- Implement clients’ social media strategies
- Manage online reputations by reviewing and responding to customer reviews as appropriate through timely written communications and responses
- Inspire team with new ideas to ensure our clients have cutting edge social strategies
Marketing: 1 year (Required)
Social Media: 1 year (Required)
We recognize that a positive atmosphere for our employees is critical to the success of us, as individuals, and the success of our organization. We're committed to providing exceptional benefits for our team – we have a feeling they enjoy that sort of thing.
Open environment: We like the open environment concept because we don’t believe in barriers or working in silos. We’re about teamwork, camaraderie and collaboration— we believe in open minds. We also like to have some tunes going in the background, from ‘let’s crank out this presentation’ to ‘time to calm down and concentrate’ to ‘wow, I never heard this before.’ As you might expect by now, we’re open to your suggestions.
15 days paid time off to start: Wait, that’s unheard of. Yet, you just heard it here. You see, we understand that people have lives. If you’re starting to get the idea that we really, really care about the well-being of our team…that we want everyone who works here to be happy…then you already understand a big part of who we are.
Standing desks: Here, you can stand up for yourself—and your back. We employ stand-up desks here; it turns out sitting on your duff all day isn’t really all that good for your body—who knew? (Don’t worry, we have chairs, too, so you can take a load off when you want.)
Paid learning opportunities: Want to be a thought leader in your areas of expertise, learn what’s new in UX design, or brush up on the latest developer or design apps and techniques? We want this for you, too. We know when employees are at their best, we will be, too. So we encourage professional growth, and pay for conferences or resources that help you realize your professional aspirations.
Health insurance: Ours starts at just $12/week. Life is tough enough without having to worry about what will happen if you get sick or injured.
IRA contributions: We care about your future, and help you with contributions to a simple IRA plan. Of course, this is only for people who like free money with constantly accumulating interest.
Egos are for Freud books: Yes, there is a culture here. Think of us as a small, friendly tribe of nice, smart people who enjoy what they do, have respect for their colleagues, and are proud to say, “We did this.” We work together, trust one another, and strive to achieve mutual goals. Egotistical behavior may have its place…just somewhere else.
Early Friday summers: The clock strikes three, you head for the beach. Which isn’t far, by the way. Why do we do this? For one, because summer is beautiful here, and let’s face it: humans are not meant to be inside on summer days. (That said, we do have to get some work done.).
Espresso and coffee: We just did an informal study on the correlation between happy employees and good office coffee, and the results are in: yep, believe it or not, people really dig having great coffee right where they work. We serve both plain old coffee as well as yummy espresso.
Apply For This Job:
To apply, please send us
- Cover letter referencing your favorite social media accounts and why
- Examples of your social media / content work
- Link to portfolio (if applicable)
We’re looking for candidates who want to work in a small, collaborative, team environment, who love Portland and are truly passionate about helping businesses grow confidently online.
We’re excited to meet you!
Becky and the iBec Team