Full-time - Portland, Maine
Digital Marketer that Loves Ecommerce
You’re brilliant, we’re hiring.
iBec is hiring another Digital Marketing Strategist to join our growing digital marketing team.
What does it mean to be a Digital Marketing Strategist at iBec?
- You’re business savvy and are passionate about helping businesses grow and become more profitable online.
- Clients are pumped because you actually understand their problem and how to solve it so they can succeed.
- You’re a rockstar at reading Google Analytics data and turning it into actionable recommendations.
- You’re a whiz at Google Shopping, Display, Search and Facebook Advertising.
- You’re a collaborative problem solver with your iBec coworkers, you’re a team player, you do what you say you’re going to do and you contribute to the positive energy of the office.
Our ideal candidate:
- Loves the web and has a multifaceted experience. Maybe you’ve worked at a few agencies? Maybe you’ve worked in-house at a variety of brands? Maybe you’ve dabbled in design, development or content marketing?
- Has grit. You’re an excellent Googler, you’re constantly researching and learning what’s new.
- Is a numbers geek. Whether it’s Excel, Data Studio, Tableau— you slice and dice to find the data you need to show ROI for your clients and identify where you can move the needle.
- Is forward thinking and has guesses of where technology is going next and can help brands get ahead.
- Is already Google Analytics, Adwords and Shopping Certified. (Be sure to include this in your cover letter if you are!) If you are not certified, certification will be required before your start date.
What will your day to day be like as a Digital Marketing Strategist at iBec?
- We only hire kind, talented people so if you’re hired, you get to work with 13 other kind, talented people every day.
- We have 2 teams at iBec… you’ll be on a dedicated team consisting of a designer, two to 3 developers, and another digital marketer. You’ll have a group of enthusiastic clients that you’re responsible for leading their digital strategy.
- You’ll have a stand up meeting each morning with your team to discuss what was done yesterday, what’s on deck for today and clear up any bottlenecks in the way. Each day you’ll have one to two meetings with clients and the rest of the day will be spent “in the zone” strategizing, analyzing and implementing digital marketing strategies to help your clients achieve success online.
- You’ll really get to know your clients and will feel connected to their success. Each of our clients are different in their own way which keeps your work interesting and fresh. Your clients will respect you and will look to you as a guide to strategize, test and measure marketing and advertising initiatives. You will feel rewarded when you see the impact you will make on their businesses.
- You’ll be collaborating with Emily, Director of Strategy at iBec and the other digital marketing strategists, to implement our new business development strategy. Our goal is that all of the best brands in the Northeast know that iBec is there to help their business thrive online.
- This is a full-time position at our office in Portland, Maine. We have a flextime policy so you can work from home from time to time, but for the most part, everyone comes into the office every day. If you have special scheduling needs, let us know and we can discuss options.
Does this sound like a place you’d like to work and a job you’d be awesome at? If so, we want to hear from you! We understand that you may be currently employed and we will respect your confidentiality in this application process.
- digital marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Google Adwords and Google Analytics (Required)
We recognize that a positive atmosphere for our employees is critical to the success of us, as individuals, and the success of our organization. We're committed to providing exceptional benefits for our team – we have a feeling they enjoy that sort of thing.
Open environment: We like the open environment concept because we don’t believe in barriers or working in silos. We’re about teamwork, camaraderie and collaboration— we believe in open minds. We also like to have some tunes going in the background, from ‘let’s crank out this presentation’ to ‘time to calm down and concentrate’ to ‘wow, I never heard this before.’ As you might expect by now, we’re open to your suggestions.
15 days paid time off to start: Wait, that’s unheard of. Yet, you just heard it here. You see, we understand that people have lives. If you’re starting to get the idea that we really, really care about the well-being of our team…that we want everyone who works here to be happy…then you already understand a big part of who we are.
Standing desks: Here, you can stand up for yourself—and your back. We employ stand-up desks here; it turns out sitting on your duff all day isn’t really all that good for your body—who knew? (Don’t worry, we have chairs, too, so you can take a load off when you want.)
Paid learning opportunities: Want to be a thought leader in your areas of expertise, learn what’s new in UX design, or brush up on the latest developer or design apps and techniques? We want this for you, too. We know when employees are at their best, we will be, too. So we encourage professional growth, and pay for conferences or resources that help you realize your professional aspirations.
Health insurance: Ours starts at just $12/week. Life is tough enough without having to worry about what will happen if you get sick or injured.
IRA contributions: We care about your future, and help you with contributions to a simple IRA plan. Of course, this is only for people who like free money with constantly accumulating interest.
Egos are for Freud books: Yes, there is a cultu re here. Think of us as a small, friendly tribe of nice, smart people who enjoy what they do, have respect for their colleagues, and are proud to say, “We did this.” We work together, trust one another, and strive to achieve mutual goals. Egotistical behavior may have its place…just somewhere else.
Early Friday summers: The clock strikes three, you head for the beach. Which isn’t far, by the way. Why do we do this? For one, because summer is beautiful here, and let’s face it: humans are not meant to be inside on summer days. (That said, we do have to get some work done.).
Espresso and coffee: We just did an informal study on the correlation between happy employees and good office coffee, and the results are in: yep, believe it or not, people really dig having great coffee right where they work. We serve both plain old coffee as well as yummy espresso.
Apply For This Job:
To apply, please send us
- your resume...
- and a cover letter...
- along with any examples of the outstanding work you’ve done at your previous jobs or for other clients
We’re looking for candidates who want to work in a small, collaborative, team environment, who love Portland and are truly passionate about helping businesses grow confidently online.
We’re excited to meet you!
Becky and the iBec Team